Terms & Conditions
Riversdale Estate Website Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions of this website carefully as any use of the website by you constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Throughout this site, the terms “we", “us", “our" refer to Riversdale Estate and any of its affiliated companies.
Accuracy, completeness and timeliness of information
We are not responsible if the information that we make available on this website is not accurate or complete. Any reliance upon the material on this website shall be at your own risk. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor any changes to the material and the information contained on this website.
Any non-personal communication or material you transmit to this website by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post becomes the property of Riversdale Estate and may be used for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Riversdale Estate is free to use for any purposes whatsoever (including but not limited to the developing, manufacturing, advertising and marketing of products) any ideas, artwork, inventions, developments, suggestions or concepts contained in any communication you send to this website. Any such use is without compensation to the party submitting information. By submitting information, you are also warranting that you own the material/content submitted, that it is not defamatory and that Riversdale Estate's use will not violate any third party's rights. Riversdale Estate is under no obligation to use the information submitted.
Intellectual property rights
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in a text, images and other materials on this website are the property of Riversdale Estate or are included with the permission of the relevant owner. You are permitted to browse this website, reproduce extracts by way of printing, downloading to a hard disk or for the purposes of distribution to other individuals. This is only to be done on the proviso that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication or website.
The trademarks, logos, characters and service marks displayed on this website belong to Riversdale Estate. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trademark displayed on this website. Your use/misuse of the trademarks displayed on this website, or on any other content on this website, except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. Riversdale Estate reserves all its rights to enforce its intellectual property rights to the furthest extent of the law. Links to other websites
Links on the Riversdale Estate websites may take you outside the Riversdale Estate network and Riversdale Estate accepts no responsibility for the content, accuracy or function of these other websites. The links are provided in good faith and Riversdale Estate cannot be held responsible for any subsequent change in other websites to which we provide a link. The inclusion of any link to other websites does not imply endorsement by Riversdale Estate. We highly recommend that you make yourself aware of and carefully read the legal and privacy notices of other websites that you visit. Warranties and Disclaimers
Your use of this website is exclusively at your sole risk.
This website is provided to you on an “As Is" and “As Available" basis and, consequently, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Riversdale Estate gives no warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise (including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) including warranties or representations that material on this website will be complete, accurate, reliable, timely, non-infringing to third parties; that access to this website will be uninterrupted or error-free; that this website will be secure; that any advice or opinion obtained from Riversdale Estate through this website is accurate or to be relied upon and any representations or warranties thereto are expressly disclaimed.
We reserve the right to restrict or terminate your access to this website or any feature of this website or any feature or part thereof at any time.
To the extent permitted by law, Riversdale Estate does not accept liability or any responsibility whatsoever for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages, costs, losses or liabilities whatsoever arising out of your access to, use, inability to use, change in content of this website or arising from any other website you access through a link from this website or from any actions we take or fail to take as a result of any electronic mail messages you send us. To the extent permitted by law, Riversdale Estate does not accept any responsibility to maintain the material and services made available on this web site or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith. Any material on this website is subject to change without notice. Further, Riversdale Estate shall have no liability or any responsibility whatsoever for any loss suffered caused by viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property by reason of your use of, access to or downloading of any material from this website. If you choose to download material from this website you do so at your own risk.
Certain legislation may imply warranties, terms or conditions which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. If those statutory provisions apply, to the extent to which Riversdale Estate is entitled to do so, its liability will be limited at its option to (a) in the case of services, the lowest of the cost of supplying the services again and having the services supplied; and (b) in the case of goods, the lowest of the cost of replacing the goods, obtaining equivalent goods or having the goods repaired.
You are prohibited from doing any act that Riversdale Estate, in its reasonable discretion, may deem to be inappropriate and/or would be deemed to be an unlawful act or is prohibited by any laws applicable to this website including but not limited to:
- Any act that would constitute a breach of either the privacy (including uploading private information without the concerned individual's consent) or any other of the legal rights of individuals;
- Using this website to defame or libel Riversdale Estate, its employees or other individuals or acting in such a way that brings into disrepute the good name of Riversdale Estate ;
- Uploading files that contain viruses that may cause damage to the property of Riversdale Estate or the property of other individuals. You and Riversdale Estate agree that any controversy or claim arising from or pertaining to the use of this website shall be governed by the laws of Tasmania. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Tasmania.
Legal notice update
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this notice. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and new additional information.
RIVERSDALE ESTATE WINE CLUB TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Welcome to the Riversdale Estate Wine Club (“Wine Club"). The Wine Club is operated by Riversdale Estate, 222 Denholms Road, Cambridge, 7170 Tasmania, Australia. PH: +61 3 6248 5555. To join the Wine Club, you must be 18 years of age or over and agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
- There is no Membership fee payable for joining the Wine Club. Applications for Membership can be made by completing the Application Form available from Riversdale Estate or on its website www.riversdaleestate.com.au. Riversdale Estate reserves the right to grant or refuse membership of the Wine Club to any applicant. Wine Club membership is only available to Australian residents.
- If a Member makes a wine purchase, the Wine Club will send the ordered wine (“Shipment") to your nominated address. Shipments will be made to Members' delivery address as provided on your Application Form (“Delivery Address"), unless otherwise notified to you.
- Total consideration payable, and form of payment, by the Member for a Shipment will be determined at the time of the Member placing the order.
- Members will receive notice of Shipment and tasting notes (where applicable) via the email address provided on the Application Form.
- In addition, Members will also receive: o Exclusive promotional offers on Riversdale Estate wines; o Members only access to cellar door exclusive wines (including limited releases and museum vintages); o Regular newsletters sent via e-mail and post (where applicable) containing special offers and updates on vineyard news and events; o Invitations to special vineyard events and functions; o Reduced delivery costs to the address listed in the Application Form on all wine ordered in six-pack + lots (AUSTRALIAN residents only); o All wines are fully guaranteed against theft or breakage in transit. A delivery guarantee charge of $1.40 per case will be added to your order.
- Members may from time to time receive offers and information from other third parties being Island Olive Grove Tasmania and Escapes Resorts & Apartments.
- Shipments are for Members' personal consumption.
- Members may terminate their Membership at any time by notifying the Wine Club in writing at: 222 Denholms Road, Cambridge, Tasmania, Australia. If the Member terminates the Membership prior to receiving a Shipment then no monies for that Shipment will be payable to the Wine Club. If monies have already been received for that Shipment, those monies will be repaid to the Member. If the Member terminates Membership after receiving a Shipment, then if the Wine Club has already received monies for the Shipment prior to receipt of the Member's written termination, the Member will still receive that Shipment and that payment is non refundable.
- Any times for delivery of Shipments quoted by the Wine Club are approximate only and to the extent permitted by law the Wine Club shall not be liable to the Member for the failure to supply or deliver any Shipments at any such time on any grounds whatsoever, including negligence by the Wine Club.
- All Shipments must be delivered to the Member, another adult person at the Delivery Address who undertakes to accept the Shipment on the Member's behalf, or in accordance with the Member's instructions. Anyone at the Member's Delivery Address who receives the Shipment will be presumed by the Wine Club to be authorised to receive the Shipment on the Member's behalf. Wine Club may request that the person who receives the Shipment at the Delivery Address provide satisfactory evidence of proof of age to the person responsible for delivery of the Shipment. Wine Club will refuse to deliver the Shipment if the person receiving the Shipment is unable or unwilling to provide evidence of proof of age. The Shipment will not be delivered to persons under the age of 18 years or to persons who fail to provide proof of age satisfactory to Wine Club that the person is aged 18 years or over.
- Upon delivery of the Shipments, all risk and title shall pass to the Member and the Member shall bear the risk of any loss, damage or deterioration of or to the goods from such time.
- In the event that the Shipments are damaged or partially lost during transit, the Member must, within 14 working days of delivery of the goods, provide the Wine Club written notice giving reasonable particulars of any such alleged damage or partial loss. On accepting the Member's claim, the Wine Club will replace the goods and pay for any additional delivery charges.
- The Wine Club assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive any communications or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. If such problems arise, then the Wine Club may (where necessary with the approval of any relevant authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend Membership of the Wine Club.
- The Wine Club reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to vary the Wine Club terms and conditions. Should the Wine Club vary the terms and conditions, it will notify the Member via the email address provided on the Member's Application Form. Your continued participation in the Wine Club after such notification will constitute your deemed acceptance of such variations.
- The Wine Club reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of Members and any other information relevant to Membership or participation in the Wine Club. Verification is at the discretion of the Wine Club, whose decision is final. The Wine Club reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the operations of the Wine Club.
- The Wine Club encourages Members to drink responsibly.