Riversdale Estate is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. Riversdale Estate has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and Australia privacy laws.
Why does Riversdale Estate collect my personal information?
Riversdale Estate (including Tasmania and Escapes Resorts & Apartments) collects your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, Riversdale Estate may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a Riversdale Estate promotion or to allow Riversdale Estate to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information does Riversdale Estate collect?
The types of personal information Riversdale Estate collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with Riversdale Estate and may (but does not always) include:
- your name;
- date of birth;
- personal and/or work contact details (e.g. phone numbers and email addresses); and/or
- payment details (e.g. credit card number).
If necessary, Riversdale Estate may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time. Importantly, Riversdale Estate does not collect any personal information it does not need to perform a business function, and generally it will not collect any information about you without your prior consent.
What if you don't provide Riversdale Estate the personal information it requires?
If you can't, or won't, provide Riversdale Estate with the personal information it reasonably requires, Riversdale Estate may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
How does Riversdale Estate collect my personal information?
Riversdale Estate tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you: • request information from, or have dealings directly with Riversdale Estate or one of its related companies; • participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Riversdale Estate or one of its related companies;
- participate in a survey conducted by Riversdale Estate or one of its related companies;
- purchase tickets or merchandise from a website operated by Riversdale Estate or one of its related companies;
- access or request information from Riversdale Estate's website or the website of one of its related companies; or
- provide information to Riversdale Estate's customer service call centre.
In some circumstances however, Riversdale Estate may also collect your personal information from third parties, but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws. Riversdale Estate will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information.
How does Riversdale Estate use my personal information?
Riversdale Estate uses your personal information for purposes including (but not limited to):
- providing you with the Riversdale Estate goods or services you request;
- promoting and marketing Riversdale Estate's current and future products and services to you;
- informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Riversdale Estate considers may be of interest to you;
- conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Riversdale Estate's current and future products or services; and
- to improve the operation or navigation of Riversdale Estate's website.
Riversdale Estate may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made obvious to you at the time Riversdale Estate collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If Riversdale Estate uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Riversdale Estate will give you the opportunity to “opt out" of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence.
Will Riversdale Estate give your personal information to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Riversdale Estate may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Riversdale Estate's related companies (including those located in Australia); and
- Riversdale Estate's consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport and printing services.Other than those third parties referred to above, Riversdale Estate will not disclose your personal information to any other third party unless it has reasonable grounds to believe:
- you have authorised Riversdale Estate to do so;
- your safety, or the safety of others in the community, is at risk; or
- Riversdale Estate is required or permitted by law to do so.
If Riversdale Estate provides your personal information to a third party, Riversdale Estate generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Riversdale Estate does.
Is my personal information secure?
Riversdale Estate takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure. Riversdale Estate only permits its authorised personnel or consultants to access your personal information for legitimate business purposes. No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Riversdale Estate over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
If Riversdale Estate determines it no longer requires your personal information, Riversdale Estate will take reasonable steps to de-identify or securely destroy that information as soon as practicable.
Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information is important. Riversdale Estate takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Riversdale Estate holds about you is incorrect, please contact Riversdale Estate by email to email@example.com with details of the relevant updated information. You have a general right to access the personal information Riversdale Estate holds about you. You may contact Riversdale Estate to request details of your personal information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Riversdale Estate can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Riversdale Estate holds about you, Riversdale Estate reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- have any concerns or a complaint regarding Riversdale Estate's privacy practices or its management of your personal information, Please contact Riversdale Estate by email on email@example.com. Riversdale Estate will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.